Spring training tickets-Where to Watch MLB Baseball
According to the Cactus League, Spring Training baseball under the warm Arizona sun has been a tradition for devoted fans since 1947. Today 15 Major League Baseball teams train in ten stadiums surrounding Scottsdale, the greatest concentration of professional baseball facilities found anywhere in the United States. For guests at the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn, the Cactus League stadiums couldn't be more convenient. Scottsdale Stadium, home of the San Francisco Giants, is within walking distance and other stadiums are just a short drive away. Cactus League stadiums are the premier destination for baseball lovers in the springtime and the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn is right in the middle of all the action!
Here's the list of the ten wonderful Cactus League stadiums where you can watch Major League Baseball's Spring Training games:
- Scottsdale Stadium - Home of the World Champion San Francisco Giants and it's a pleasant 2 mile walk from the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn in Scottsdale. The stadium is surrounded by great restaurants, clubs and the cowboy haunts of Old Town.
- Sloan Park Home of the Chicago Cubs and it's only 5 miles south of the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn in Mesa. This new facility is designed to feel like the Cubs historic Wrigley Field back in Chicago.
- Hohokom Stadium - Home of the Oakland Athletics and it's just 7 miles southeast in Mesa. After opening Hohokam Stadium in 1977, the A's returned to a newly renovated Hohokam stadium and promises a baseball experience like no other.
- Tempe Diablo Stadium Home of the Los Angeles Angels and is only 8 miles south of the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn in Mesa. The stadium underwent an extensive $20 million renovation and was rededicated on Mar. 3, 2006.
- Salt River Fields at Talking Stick Home of the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Colorado Rockies and it's only 8 miles north of the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn in Scottsdale. The facility features panoramic views of the McDowell Mountains, Red Mountain, the Four Peaks and the Superstition Mountains which legend says hold the secret of the Lost Dutchman Gold Mine.
- Camelback Ranch Home of the Chicago White Sox and LA Dodgers and it's 24 miles west of the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn in Phoenix. The grounds feature picturesque walking trails and citrus groves, as well as a fully stocked five acre lake that separates the Dodgers and White Sox practice areas.
- Goodyear Ballpark Home of the Cleveland Indians and the Cincinnati Reds. It's 30 miles west of the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn in Goodyear. Now Ohio fans can root for both their home teams in one stadium.
- Maryvale Baseball Park Home of the Milwaukee Brewers and it's 17 miles west of the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn in Phoenix. The ballpark features a recessed playing field and shaded concourse, plus a lush outfield berm. There's not a bad seat in the house.
- Peoria Sports Complex Home of the Seattle Mariners and the San Diego Padres and it's 33 miles northwest of the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn in Peoria. The park is known for the widest variety of food, the friendliest staff and the best player accessibility in the valley.
- Surprise Stadium Home of the Kansas City Royals and the Texas Rangers and it's 43 miles northwest of the Magnuson Hotel Papago Inn in Surprise. With reasonable ticket prices and not a bad seat in the house, Surprise Stadium was recently voted Best of Phoenix - Best Place to see a Spring Training Game.